Type of assignment
Assistance to the client in renewing the public service contract for Paris’s cold water piping system, the largest urban cold water piping system in Europe, (500 GWh per annum) and the 11th largest worldwide in 2018.
MANERGY assist the City of Paris in finalizing the licensing contract, in setting targets for the future concession based on past audits, in preparing and launching the call for tenders, analysing the tenders, negotiating and setting up the new concession holder.
Description of the future concession
The future concession aims to:
- Double the size of the cold water piping system, currently 83 kilometres long
- Guarantee a 100% renewable electricity supply and mostly of “High Environmental Value” through in-house photovoltaic projects powering the cold water piping system (roughly 200 GWh per annum)
- Recover as much residual heat as possible (guarantee synergy between the hot and cold systems)
- Introduce technologies designed to combat heat islands (environmental measures, mitigating heat losses in the air, etc.)
A few figures
Total cost of the work
A power supply generated with 100% renewable energy
The project’s expected outcomes:
- A network covering as much of the territory as possible, doubling its volume (nearly 200 kilometres long and 1000 GWh per annum)
- Building fifteen or so new plants with outputs of up to 40 MW
- Greater diversity of users: cultural and healthcare buildings, homes and small retail businesses
More references !